Sunday, March 4, 2007

Day One...

Ok I want coffee...but I am not having any. I am cheating a bit and having hot chocolate. In a week I will be totally caffeine free. Caffeine is bad...for me anyway..but if you want to drink it, or eat it, I have no problems with that :-)

Here are my 3 favorite pictures from the Enterprise vs West Valley game.

Here is the gallery posted at Maxpreps from this game.



This was a huge rivalry game...and a Championship game to boot. It was also the 9th game I shot over the coarse of 2 days. I was kind of tired. I was worried about my strobes holding up. I had them up in the bleachers. These bleachers did not have rails so I couldn't zip tie the strobes to the rails. Also the foot wells were open. The type where stuff can and does fall threw regularly. So I had to figure out some way to secure my light stands. I zip tied the legs to the metal supports that hold the board for your feet to rest. It is hard to explain, but it worked very well. If you look at the picture below you can see how crowed it was, and all the wild kids decided to sit around my strobe. Somehow...I don't really know how, it survived and worked all night. Oh except the one time when someone thought it would be cute to turn it off. That was fun, I had to wade through all those kids to get to it. Where the bright light is, that's my strobe going off.

One last thing...I have to say sorry to all the media people in Northern California, for some reason I am obsessed with taking their pictures. Especially photographers and cameramen. This is Andreas. This is 3 of the about 20 pictures I took of him. :-) I also have pictures of cameramen and Jason from the Chico ER I will post later.

1 comment:

blu said...

awesome work, and great story telling *jacquie* ;) and i know what you mean about taking photos of the other photographers. i don't think you need to be sorry. i think it's like saying *hi*. i do it!!!